The Department of Health (DoH) has today published “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April – June 2018)”.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to assessments and re-assessments offered to carers in Northern Ireland. A carer’s assessment looks at each carer as an individual with their own personal circumstances, and will identify any particular needs they may have as a result.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 June 2018:
- A carer’s assessment was offered to 4,079 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 June 2018. This represented a 5% (188) increase on the number of assessments offered in the previous quarter (3,891), and an increase of 13% (478) when compared to the same quarter in 2017 (3,601)
- Of the 4,079 carers’ assessments offered, 52% (2,109) were accepted / completed and 48% (1,970) were declined.
- Those carers caring for someone in the Family and Child Care/Children with Disabilities client groups were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas all those caring for someone in the Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) client group were most likely to decline an offer of an assessment.
- A carer’s reassessment was offered to 885 carers in Northern Ireland. This represented a 37% (241) increase on the previous quarter (644) and an increase of 38% (244) from the same quarter in 2017 (641).
- Of the 885 carers’ reassessments offered, 77% (684) were accepted / completed and 23% (201) were declined.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
- A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
- Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 September 2018 are due for release in December 2018.
- This publication is available online at: https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/articles/carers-assessments-and-reassessments
Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Publication of “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2022)” 23 September 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 23 September 2022
- Extension to the term of a Non-Executive (Lay) Director of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust 23 September 2022
- Health Minister welcomes roll out of vaccination programme 21 September 2022