This publication of quarterly figures relates to assessments and re-assessments offered to carers in Northern Ireland. A carer’s assessment looks at each carer as an individual with their own personal circumstances, and will identify any particular needs they may have as a result.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 June 2017:
- A carer's assessment was offered to 3,593 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 June 2017. This represented a 6% (203) increase on the number of assessments offered in the previous quarter (3,390), and a 9% (307) increase when compared to the same quarter last year (3,286)
- Of the 3,593 carers' assessments offered, 43% (1,544) were accepted / completed and 57% (2,049) were declined
- Those carers caring for someone in the Children with Disabilities client group were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for someone in the CAMHS client group were the least likely to accept an offer of an assessment
- A carer’s reassessment was offered to 641 carers in Northern Ireland. This represented a 29% (143) increase on the previous quarter (498) and an increase of 7% (44) from the same quarter last year (597)
- Of the 641 carers’ reassessments offered, 75% (481) were accepted / completed and 25% (160) were declined
Notes to editors:
1. This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
2. A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
3. Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
4. Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 September 2017 are due for release on 7 December 2017.
5. This publication is available online.
6. Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
Fax: (028) 90 523288
7. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- 22 February 2018
- Launch of Nursing Assistant Resources 21 February 2018
- Service user sentenced to 4 months for £9,000 travel claim fraud 20 February 2018
- Fight Against Obesity Continues 19 February 2018