The Department of Health (DoH) has today published Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for NI (April - June 2016).
This publication of quarterly figures relates to Carers’ Statistics in the north of Ireland.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 June 2016:
- a carer’s assessment was offered to 3,286 carers in the north of Ireland during the quarter ending 30 June 2016. This represented a decrease of 5% (166) from the quarter ending 31 March 2016 (3,452) and an increase of 6% (186) from the same quarter last year (3,100)
- of the 3,286 carers’ assessments offered, 42% (1,372) were accepted / completed and 58% (1,914) were declined
- those carers caring for someone in the Children with Disabilities client group were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for someone in the CAMHS client group were the least likely to accept an offer of an assessment
- a carer’s reassessment was offered to 597 carers in the north of Ireland during the quarter ending 30 June 2016. This represented a decrease of 4% (24) from the quarter ending 31 March 2016 (621) and an increase of 11% (58) from the same quarter last year (539)
- of the 597 carers’ reassessments offered, 70% (415) were accepted / completed and 30% (182) were declined
Notes to editors:
1.This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
2.A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
3.Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
4.Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 30 September 2016 are due for release on 1 December 2016.
5.This publication is available online.
6.Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
Fax: (028) 90 523288
7. Media queries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0074, or out of contact hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- NI’s first Aspiring Nurse Directors graduate at Stormont 20 September 2019
- DOH Statement – RCN ballot announcement 20 September 2019
- Transformation in Action: Advanced Nursing Practitioners in Northern Ireland 17 September 2019
- Publication of the statistical bulletin ‘Children in Care in Northern Ireland 2017/18’ 12 September 2019