The Department of Health has today published “Patient Education / Self Management Programmes for People with Long Term Conditions 2018/19”.
This publication of annual figures relates to Patient Education / Self Management Programmes in Northern Ireland.
Key Facts and Figures:
- There were 40 patient education / self management programmes providing a total of 1,234 times with 15,058 participants in 2018/19.
- Since 2014/15, overall participant numbers at patient education / self management programmes have increased by 16% (1,989).
- Approximately 1 in 5 participants (22%) attended a diabetes type 2 specific programme with 15% and 14% of participants attending a programme for cardiac and COPD conditions respectively.
- Of the 15,058 participants, 75% were attending a patient education / self management programme delivered by the five HSC Trusts.
- 10,036 participants (67%) attended a programme that was statutory funded.
Notes to editors:
- This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the Department of Health.
- Statistics detailed within the bulletin present information on patient education / self management programmes for long term conditions collected from Health and Social Care (HSC) Trusts and independent sector programme providers. It details information on the type, provision, frequency and Trust area of the programmes delivered during the year 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
- This publication is available on the Department's website.
Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SQ
Telephone: (028) 9052 8134
Internet: Department of Health
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out-of-hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Mental Health and Learning Disability Inpatients 2018-19 21 August 2019
- NI Health and Social Care Workforce Census - March 2019 20 August 2019
- 14 August 2019
- Home Care Experience Survey 2018 08 August 2019