The Department of Health has today published “Patient Education / Self Management Programmes for People with Long Term Conditions 2015/16”.
This publication of annual figures relates to Patient Education / Self Management Programmes in the north of Ireland.
Key Facts and Figures:
- there were 37 patient education / self management programmes provided a total of 908 times for 15,192 participants in 2015/16.
- programme frequency has increased by 6% (52) in 2015/16 (908) when compared to 2014/15 (856). Participant numbers have increased by 16% (2,123) in 2015/16 when compared to 2014/15 (13,069)
- approximately 1 in 6 participants attended a cardiac specific programme with 23% and 18% of participants attending a programme for dementia and type 2 diabetes respectively
- out of the 15,192 participants, 63% were attending a patient education / self management programme delivered by one of the five HSC Trusts.
- 13,546 participants (89%) attended a programme that was statutory funded, an increase of 38% since last year
- the Northern HSC Trust, who previously had no provision for Type 2 Diabetes programmes, delivered programmes at 5 locations to 280 participants for the condition
Notes to editors:
1. This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
2. Statistics detailed within the bulletin present information on patient education / self management programmes for long term conditions collected from Health & Social Care (HSC) Trusts and independent sector programme providers. It details information on the type, provision, frequency and Trust area of the programmes delivered during the year 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016.
3. This publication is available online.
4. Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
Fax: (028) 90 523288
5. Media queries about this press release please contact the DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0567. For out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Pengelly - ‘With a fixed budget, we can only do more in some areas by doing less in others’ 17 October 2019
- People of all ages should learn CPR so more lives can be saved 16 October 2019
- Regional Launch of Primary Care Multi-Disciplinary Team Programme 15 October 2019
- Extensions to Appointments of Non-Executive Chair and Two Non-Executive Members of the Northern Ireland Guardian Ad Litem Agency 15 October 2019