The Department of Health (DoH) has today published “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for (July - September 2016)”.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to assessments and re-assessments offered to carers in the north of Ireland. A carer’s assessment looks at each carer as an individual with their own personal circumstances, and will identify any particular needs they may have as a result.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 September 2016:
- a carer’s assessment was offered to 3,379 carers during the quarter ending 30 September 2016. This represented an increase of 3% (93) from the quarter ending 30 June 2016 (3,286) and an increase of 6% (184) from the same quarter last year (3,195)
- of the 3,379 carers’ assessments offered, 40% (1,356) were accepted / completed and 60% (2,023) were declined
- those carers caring for someone in the Children with Disabilities client group were the most likely to accept an offer of an assessment, whereas those caring for someone in the CAMHS client group were the least likely to accept an offer of an assessment
- a carer’s reassessment was offered to 513 carers during the quarter ending 30 September 2016. This represented a decrease of 14% (84) from the quarter ending 30 June 2016 (597) and an increase of 3% (15) from the same quarter last year (498)
- of the 513 carers’ reassessments offered, 74% (381) were accepted / completed and 26% (132) were declined
Notes to editors:
1. This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DoH.
2. A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
3. Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
4. Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 31 December 2016 are due for release on 9 March 2017.
5. This publication is available online.
6. Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Department of Health
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: (028) 90 528134
Fax: (028) 90 523288
7. For media enquiries about this press release, please contact the DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Let’s make the most of the circuit breaker - Health Minister 26 November 2020
- Publication of the Quarterly Northern Ireland Inpatient, Day Case, Outpatient and Diagnostic Waiting Times Statistics - Position at 30 September 2020 26 November 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland: 15 - 21 November 2020 26 November 2020
- Minister comments on waiting time statistics 26 November 2020