The Department is holding public engagement events on proposals to re-shape stroke and breast assessment care.
The events cover health trust areas across Northern Ireland and are part of public consultation processes which run until July 19.
Under the breast assessment proposals, services would be consolidated on three hospital sites. The plans to consolidate breast assessment services reflect recommendations from a Project Board involving clinicians from across the Health and Social Care system.
Breast screening services are not being changed, while a separate, clinically led review of breast treatment services will be launched in the coming weeks.
The reshaping stroke proposals involve a new network of Hyperacute stroke units, ensuring patients have access to the best possible care in regional centres of excellence.
Department of Health Permanent Secretary Richard Pengelly said: “These events will allow us to set out the case for change in stroke and breast assessment care.
“Patients and the public will have the opportunity to discuss the services directly with Department and give their views on our proposals.
“We have made clear that if anyone has better evidence-based proposals on ensuring reliable quality care across the province, then we want to hear from them.”
If you plan to attend one of these events it would be helpful if you could register online at links below, however registration is not a requirement.
All the events have a 7pm starting time
Reshaping Breast Assessment Care public engagement events
10th June - Mossley Mill, Newtownabbey
12th June - Strangford Arms Hotel, Newtownards
13th June - Silverbirch Hotel, Omagh
24th June - Craigavon Civic Centre
25th June - Riddell Hall, Belfast
Registration - Book online
Reshaping Stroke Care public engagement events
17th June - Riddell Hall, Belfast
18th June - Downpatrick Race Course, Downpatrick
19th June - Killyhelvin Hotel, Enniskillen
1st July - Lodge Hotel, Coleraine
2nd July - Canal Court Hotel, Newry
Registration - Book online
Notes to editors:
1. Reshaping Stroke Care Consultation - Closing date 19 July 2019 at 17:00
2. Reshaping Breast Assessment Services Consultation - Closing date 19 July 2019 at 17:00
3. For media enquiries please contact the Department of Health Press Office on 028 9052 0074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Extension of Non-Executive Board Member’s Role on the Northern Ireland Social Care Council 24 June 2019
- Extension to Appointment of the Non-Executive Chair to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service 24 June 2019
- Further engagement event on public consultations 24 June 2019
- Social workers have a duty to represent and support NI’s marginalised in society 21 June 2019