The Department of Health is seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Chair to the Public Health Agency.
The Public Health Agency (PHA) is a regional organisation for health protection and health and social wellbeing improvement. The PHA is committed to addressing the causes and associated inequalities of preventable ill-health and lack of wellbeing.
Permanent Secretary Peter May said: “The overall aim for the PHA is to improve the health and social well-being of the population and the quality of care provided, and to protect the population from communicable disease or emergencies or other threats to public health.
“As well as the provision or securing of services related to those functions, the PHA will commission or undertake programmes including research, health awareness and promotion.
“This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Northern Ireland.”
Applicants for this position must on their application form, and if invited for interview, meet the following essential criteria: Strategic Leadership and Delivery of Outcomes, Collaboration and Building Partnerships, Organisational Development and Change, and Corporate Governance and Accountability.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon BST Monday 12 June 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
Notes to editors:
1. Information booklets and application forms can be provided in alternative formats and applicants who require assistance will be facilitated on request.
2. For further information and an application form Visit current vacancies on the Department of Health website;
Telephone: 02890 522951 or 02890 765793
(Monday – Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm), or
Write to: DoH Public Appointments, Room 16, Annexe 1, Castle Buildings, Stormont Estate, Belfast BT4 3SQ.
3. For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
5. The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Appointment of council members to the Patient & Client Council 23 February 2024
- Health Minister writes to the BMA Junior Doctors Committee 20 February 2024
- Swann sets out waiting list task 20 February 2024
- Increase in funded IVF provision 15 February 2024