Health Minister Robin Swann has announced additional financial support for community and voluntary sector organisations.
Making the announcement today the Health Minister said the Department of Health is providing an additional £875,000 of financial support to the 65 community and voluntary sector organisations which are funded directly by the Department in 2021/22.
Speaking about the uplift, Health Minister Robin Swann said: “This has been a tough year for everyone and it has been especially tough for voluntary and community sector organisations. I know the sector has been struggling and that individuals are working tirelessly.
He continued: “These additional payments recognise the vital contribution made by the community and voluntary sector to our response to the pandemic.
“At a time when they have faced additional financial challenges due to limitations on fundraising activities, core grant-funded organisations have demonstrated tremendous resilience and creativity by adapting their services to continue to help those in need of support throughout the past twelve months, and in turn helping to ease the pressure on the statutory health and social care sector to which we are very grateful.”
The 65 organisations which are core funded by the Department of Health are being contacted with details of the additional payments.
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 27 January 2023
- Extensions to the terms of five interim authority members of the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority 27 January 2023
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (October - December 2022) 26 January 2023
- Publication of “Domiciliary Care Services for Adults in Northern Ireland (2022)” 24 January 2023