The Department of Health can confirm that the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust has agreed to take on the contract for Priory & Springhill surgeries located in Holywood and Bangor, North Down.
Under this new temporary arrangement, which will take effect from 1 February 2023, the Trust will work with the Department to secure ongoing locum GP cover for the practice.
It follows extensive work to identify a new GP contractor to take over the practice, following the resignation of the current GP Partners.
Patients do not need to take any action. Patients of the practice can be assured that its services will continue under the new arrangement. They will receive letters on the situation over the coming days. Patients needing GP services should continue to contact the practice as normal.
The Chief Executive of the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust Roisin Coulter said: “We understand this is a very worrying time for patients belonging to the Priory and Springhill GP practices.
“The Trust will continue to work very closely with our GP and Department of Health colleagues to minimise disruption and ensure continuity of essential GP services for patients.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 27 January 2023
- Extensions to the terms of five interim authority members of the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority 27 January 2023
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (October - December 2022) 26 January 2023
- Publication of “Domiciliary Care Services for Adults in Northern Ireland (2022)” 24 January 2023