Health Minister Michelle O’Neill today paid tribute to the outgoing Belfast Health and Social Care Trust Chief Executive, Dr Michael McBride.
Chief Medical Officer Dr McBride was appointed Chief Executive of Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, (BHSCT) on a limited-term basis in December 2014. The Trust is now recruiting a permanent Chief Executive.
The Minister said: “I want to pay tribute to the dedication, commitment and hard work of Dr Michael McBride in his role as the Chief Executive of Belfast Health and Social are Trust. Over his two-year tenure Dr McBride has championed the innovative work of the Trust and made a significant impact in improving performance, empowering staff and leading the development of a new 10-year strategic direction for the organisation.
“Dr McBride leaves a strong legacy for a new Chief Executive to build on and take forward in the context of the wider transformation of the health and social care system as outlined in my vision, ‘Health and Wellbeing 2026 – Delivering Together.’”
BHSCT have started the recruitment process, for a new permanent Chief Executive, which will run from 2 December to 3 January 2017 with interviews in the New Year.
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries please contact the DOH Press Office on 028 90 520575 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
2. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- We get the health service we pay for, conference is told 25 November 2022
- Publication of the Quarterly Northern Ireland Inpatient, Day Case, Outpatient and Diagnostic Waiting Times Statistics - Position at 30 September 2022 24 November 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 24 November 2022
- Publication of “Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2021 - 2022”. 22 November 2022