Health Minister Michelle O’Neill MLA today confirmed a 1% pay award for health and social care staff.
Over 55,000 staff will receive the 1% uplift which was recommended by both the NHS Pay Review Body and the Doctors and Dentists Pay Review Body.
Announcing the pay award the Minister said: “Healthcare staff are the backbone of our health and social care services and I want to recognise their professionalism and compassion in delivering high-quality services.”
Michelle O’Neill continued: “Whilst there can be no doubt that we are still under considerable financial pressure, it is important we recognise the continued hard work and dedication of people in the health and social care services.
“I want to pay tribute to frontline healthcare staff, who are critical in ensuring the delivery of safe, effective care, of excellent quality, at the time of need.”
Business Services Organisation is working to include the uplift and arrears in staff’s pay by early autumn.
Notes to editors:
- The pay award applies to hospital medical and dental staff, doctors and dentists in public health and the community health service and salaried personal dental service.
- Media queries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0074, or out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5540 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Further engagement event on public consultations 24 June 2019
- Extension of Non-Executive Board Member’s Role on the Northern Ireland Social Care Council 24 June 2019
- Extension to Appointment of the Non-Executive Chair to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service 24 June 2019
- Social workers have a duty to represent and support NI’s marginalised in society 21 June 2019