Health Minister Michelle O’Neill MLA today confirmed a 1% pay award for health and social care staff.
Over 55,000 staff will receive the 1% uplift which was recommended by both the NHS Pay Review Body and the Doctors and Dentists Pay Review Body.
Announcing the pay award the Minister said: “Healthcare staff are the backbone of our health and social care services and I want to recognise their professionalism and compassion in delivering high-quality services.”
Michelle O’Neill continued: “Whilst there can be no doubt that we are still under considerable financial pressure, it is important we recognise the continued hard work and dedication of people in the health and social care services.
“I want to pay tribute to frontline healthcare staff, who are critical in ensuring the delivery of safe, effective care, of excellent quality, at the time of need.”
Business Services Organisation is working to include the uplift and arrears in staff’s pay by early autumn.
Notes to editors:
- The pay award applies to hospital medical and dental staff, doctors and dentists in public health and the community health service and salaried personal dental service.
- Media queries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0074, or out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5540 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Mental Health and Learning Disability Inpatients 2018-19 21 August 2019
- NI Health and Social Care Workforce Census - March 2019 20 August 2019
- Publication of “Patient Education / Self Management Programmes for People with Long Term Conditions 2018/19” 14 August 2019
- Home Care Experience Survey 2018 08 August 2019