The Department can confirm that the Nursing and Midwifery Task Group has submitted its report.
The Task Group was established in 2016 by then Health Minister Michelle O’Neill and was chaired by Sir Richard Barnett.
Its remit was to develop a road map for world class nursing and midwifery services over the next 10-15 years.
Department of Health Permanent Secretary Richard Pengelly said: “The report was submitted to me at the end of the year and officials will now give detailed consideration to its findings.
“I want to pay tribute and say thank you to Sir Richard and the other members of the Task Group.
“This report is the result of intensive work and engagement with nurses and midwives.
“I am confident its recommendations will help inform vital decision making by future Ministers.”
The Task Group covered the nursing and midwifery workforce, as well the role of nurses in population health and caring for people with long term conditions.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For out of office please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Life expectancy in Northern Ireland 2020-22 06 December 2023
- Local pharmacies can help with Urinary Tract Infections 05 December 2023
- New era for pharmacist education 04 December 2023
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023