The Department of Health has introduced a daily dashboard of statistics relating to Covid-19.
It complements information currently in the public domain and together with statistics on deaths published weekly by NISRA provide a comprehensive picture of the effects of Covid-19 in Northern Ireland.
The new dashboard provides a range of key statistics on the number of Covid-19 patient admissions and discharges, outbreaks in care settings; bed occupancy, ICU occupancy and gender and age breakdowns. The statistics are presented at a range of geographical levels including Local Government District and at Trust and hospital site. The information will be refreshed daily and new content will be added as appropriate.
The statistics on deaths reported daily on the dashboard refer to individuals reported as having had a positive result for SARS-COV2 within 28 days of the death, whether or not Covid-19 was the cause of death. These focus mainly, but not exclusively, on hospital-based deaths.
Health Minister Robin Swann said: “It is vitally important to keep the public well informed. That includes statistics as well as the all-important advice on how to keep themselves and their loved ones safe.
“My Department has also introduced and updated the Covid-19 NI app in recent weeks and further digital initiatives are planned. The entire HSC system has worked very hard to provide vital information and advice online – both on social media on websites.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Office on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- Mother and Baby and Magdalene Laundry Institutions – Truth Recovery Design Team Announced 04 March 2021
- Health Minister launches Mental Health Champion Recruitment Process 04 March 2021
- Swann and Mallon welcome testing programme for Translink staff 04 March 2021
- Fourth meeting of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Group 03 March 2021