Health Minister Robin Swann has praised the immense contribution of General Practice to the vaccination programme.
The Minister today received his booster from Victoria Robinson, specialist pharmacist at his local GP practice in Kells.
The dashboard tally for vaccines administered by General Practice now stands at over 1.2m, which includes around 415,000 booster doses.
“I am very pleased to get my booster dose, and would encourage all those who are eligible to get theirs before Christmas.
“GPs and their teams, Health Trusts and community pharmacies are all doing incredible work to deliver as many boosters as possible.
“Everyone involved in the vaccination programme at every level is owed a great debt of gratitude.
“It is fitting for me to highlight the immense contribution from GPs after getting my booster at my local practice.
“At a time when they have been under relentless pressure due to other demands on their services, they have managed to deliver over 1.2 million vaccines.”
The Minister also today visited South Eastern Health Trust’s newly opened mass vaccination at the TEC Belfast in the city’s Titanic Quarter.
He commented: “This is a superb new facility which has been created at great pace to increase the capacity of our booster programme.
“With Trust centres, pharmacies and GPs all playing their part, there are opportunities right across Northern Ireland to get your booster.
“Pharmacies and Trust vaccination centres are also continuing to provide first doses to those who are not yet vaccinated.
“With the Omicron surge coming, please get yourself boosted and get yourself better protected.”
Booster doses are available to everyone aged 18 and over who received their second dose at least three months ago.
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Health Minister commends COVID-19 clinical research team 20 May 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) infection survey, Northern Ireland: weekly report 20 May 2022
- ‘Know, Check, Ask’ before you take medication 19 May 2022
- Publication of ‘The Prevalence of Autism (including Asperger's Syndrome) in School Age Children in Northern Ireland. Annual report 2022' 19 May 2022