Minister for Health, Robin Swann, has requested a meeting with trade unions in a bid to resolve the ongoing industrial action.
"I am happy to confirm that contact has been made with trade unions and I will be meeting with them as soon as possible this week. I'm looking forward to getting this dispute sorted right away. Obviously, the financial package for the new Executive and support from other Ministerial colleagues will be central to making that happen. We need our nurses and other health workers back at work.
There's a massive challenge for all of us in making our health service better and our great staff have a vital role to play in that."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579 or email email@example.com . For our of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Testing of a patient in Northern Ireland has resulted in a presumptive positive test for coronavirus (Covid-19) 28 February 2020
- Publication of the Quarterly Northern Ireland Waiting Times Statistics - Position at 31 December 2019 27 February 2020
- Health Minister statement on waiting time statistics 27 February 2020
- Health Minister joins UK summit to tackle drug deaths 27 February 2020