Minister for Health, Robin Swann, has requested a meeting with trade unions in a bid to resolve the ongoing industrial action.
"I am happy to confirm that contact has been made with trade unions and I will be meeting with them as soon as possible this week. I'm looking forward to getting this dispute sorted right away. Obviously, the financial package for the new Executive and support from other Ministerial colleagues will be central to making that happen. We need our nurses and other health workers back at work.
There's a massive challenge for all of us in making our health service better and our great staff have a vital role to play in that."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For our of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Life expectancy in Northern Ireland 2020-22 06 December 2023
- Local pharmacies can help with Urinary Tract Infections 05 December 2023
- New era for pharmacist education 04 December 2023
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023