Health Minister Robin Swann has welcomed the relaunch of the Department’s Workforce Appeal to boost staff numbers to assist in the battle against Covid-19.
The initial appeal in March saw 1,702 doctors, nurses and other ancillary staff successful in their application to work for the health service.
Minister Swann said: “This was a phenomenal response at such a challenging time and I thank each and every one of those applicants for stepping up at that time.
“We have now re-opened the workforce appeal to build capacity again with particular focus on certain roles and positions. I would urge anyone with the relevant skills and experience to consider applying to join or return to the health service.
“We are in an evolving situation that may require further recruitment drives going forward and we will continue to monitor the situation closely.”
The new Appeal went live on Friday 2 October 2020.
Further information is available at www.hscworkforceappeal.co.uk
Notes to editors:
1. The previous Appeal generated a total of 18,719 expressions of interest i.e. initial assessment applications and 11,867 of these converted into formal applications based on their occupation, experience and the demand from Trusts.
2. Overall, 1,702 applicants from the previous campaign were deemed to be recruited with 658 currently on standby in the Trust’s corporate staff banks, 145 applicants have been offered a job and are pending their acceptance with 899 appointed and deployed in the service.
3. Staff required through the second appeal:
- Medical, all disciplines and grades
- Nursing, including Nursing Assistants and Phlebotomists
- Social Care, including Social Workers, Support Workers (Supported Living), Domiciliary Care Workers
- Allied Health, including Physiotherapists, Dietitians, Podiatrists (not exhaustive)
- Pharmacy, including Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians
- Administrative, including Clerical Officers, Booking Clerks, Team Secretaries (Excluding Belfast HSC Trust and Northern HSC Trust)
- Support Services, including Porters, Domestic Assistants (Excluding Belfast HSC Trust)
4. For media queries please contact the Department of Health Press Office email@example.com
5. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
6. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Postponed cancer procedures deeply disturbing 23 October 2020
- Shielding to remain paused 23 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October -16 October 2020 23 October 2020
- Care home sick leave support funding will continue – Health Minister 22 October 2020