Health Minister Robin Swann welcomes the additional funding announced this evening by Health Secretary Matt Hancock.
Minister Swann said: “I very much welcome the allocation of additional funding to Northern Ireland. This money, of course, will not automatically come to my Department.
“The allocation is very timely as I am bringing a paper to the Executive seeking investment in the care home workforce.
“Care home measures set out in England today - such as providing wellbeing support for staff, seeking to limit staff movement between homes, and increasing clinical support to care homes - reflect steps already taken here in NI.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- Re-introduction of Free car parking for HSC staff 29 October 2020
- Statistics from the Northern Ireland Substance Misuse Database: 2019/20 29 October 2020
- Swann Welcomes Funding Allocation to Health 29 October 2020
- ‘StopCOVID NI’ app compatible with tracing apps in Scotland and Jersey 28 October 2020