Health Minister Robin Swann has secured financial support to reimburse car parking charges to health and social care staff.
All staff within the health and social care sector will receive a letter laying out the terms of the offer.
The Minister said:
“I fully support our HSC staff and want to acknowledge the hard work and long antisocial hours that staff are working at this time. Reimbursing car parking charges is one small measure that I can introduce immediately following confirmation of funding. My Department is engaging with Business Services Organisation to remove car parking charges for all those staff who pay through their salaries. Staff who pay at hospital car parking machines can submit claims for refunds through the Trust’s normal travel reimbursement scheme for parking incurred.”
In conclusion the Minister thanked all staff. He said:
“I hope this goes some way to showing my appreciation of the ongoing commitment to keep our health service going in these unprecedented times.”
Notes to editors:
- Staff who pay through their salaries - an adjustment will be made for the 3 month period May to July 2020 as BSO payroll staff are currently working on the implementation of the pay award and the registration of additional staff as part of our contingency planning.
- Staff who pay at hospital car parking machines can get refunds for the period April to June 2020.
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0571. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Health Minister visits Northern Ireland’s first Nightingale Hospital 07 April 2020
- Ministers for Health agree Memorandum of Understanding between Irish Government and Northern Ireland Executive 07 April 2020
- Temporary pause of routine screening programmes 07 April 2020
- NI playing its part in NHS Covid-19 clinical trials 07 April 2020