Health Minister Robin Swann has commented on the weekly bulletin produced by NISRA.
He said: “Every one of these statistics represents a person who was loved and is sadly missed. We must always remember that.
“While the death rate in NI continues to decrease, Covid-19 is still a very real threat. Everyone must keep following public health advice on social distancing and hand washing.
“I welcome the fact that NISRA’s weekly bulletin now contains a more detailed breakdown of information in relation to deaths of care homes residents. I have been in correspondence with NISRA in recent weeks and asked specifically for this additional information to be included in the bulletin in the interests of greater transparency.
“My Department’s daily statistical dashboard also now includes more information in respect of care homes.
“NISRA has primacy in terms of published statistics and I welcome the fact that more information is now being placed in the public domain.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- Don’t think Leicester’s lockdown couldn’t happen here 10 July 2020
- ‘Contact tracing to become part of everyday life’ 10 July 2020
- Trust rebuilding plans published 10 July 2020
- Current estimate of R Number 09 July 2020