Health Minister Michelle O’Neill MLA today launched Citi Disability Network Belfast, a professional network for Citi employees with a disability.
Citi Employee Networks are run by employees, for employees, and are part of a global programme. The Disability Network’s mission is to bring awareness and improve perceptions about disability, including mental health and wellbeing in the workplace and to promote inclusion and celebrate diversity among Citi’s staff.
Speaking at the event, the Minister said, “I commend this initiative by Citi to establish a disability network for their staff. The network will provide a source of information to staff on the various resources available within Citigroup to support disability awareness-building and education initiatives. This will go a long way towards helping to provide an environment in which employees with a disability and those caring for someone with a disability feel included, respected and valued.
The Minister continued, “I fully support these goals and I believe my Department has made significant progress in improving the lives of those with a disability in the north of Ireland through my Department’s Physical and Sensory Disability Strategy and Action Plan. The plan was launched in 2012 to help achieve improved outcomes, services and support for people in the north of Ireland who have a physical, communication or sensory disability.”
Notes to editors:
1. Employee Networks are open to all employees and provide a wide variety of activities to assist the company in recruiting and retaining talent, celebrating ethnic, cultural and community diversity, supporting community outreach and providing professional and personal development opportunities to their members.
2. Media queries to DHSSPS Press Office on 028 9052 0074, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5540 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Further engagement event on public consultations 24 June 2019
- Extension of Non-Executive Board Member’s Role on the Northern Ireland Social Care Council 24 June 2019
- Extension to Appointment of the Non-Executive Chair to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service 24 June 2019
- Northern Ireland Hospital Statistics: Emergency Care (2018/19) 21 June 2019