Health Minister Robin Swann has strongly condemned overnight attacks on NIFRS crews.
The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service has reported two separate incidents where members of the public threw missiles, including fireworks.
The Minister stated: “It quite frankly beggars belief that anyone would consider this acceptable behaviour.
“Thankfully, no injuries have been reported but it could have turned out very differently.
“NIFRS crews have a challenging enough job without having to contend with idiotic missile throwing.
“If we learn anything from 2020, it should be that we all have to treasure our frontline workers and let them know how much we as a society value them.”
Notes to editors:
- For media queries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Proven success of General Practice Pharmacy paves the way for ambitious future plans 28 February 2024
- Appointment of Health and Social Care Trust Non-Executive Directors 27 February 2024
- A year of ‘damage limitation’ - Swann 27 February 2024
- Swann welcomes ‘positive step forward’ on pay settlement 26 February 2024