The latest total for new Covid-19 cases provides a “wake-up call for the complacent”, Health Minister Robin Swann has warned.
The Department of Health Covid-19 dashboard today reported a daily increase of 43 positive cases.
Mr Swann continued: “This figure underlines the fact that the threat from the virus remains very real.
“If anyone still thinks Covid-19 is going to fade away, let them think again.
“We must all do everything we can to stop the spread of this virus.”
Mr Swann spelt out the five steps which the public can follow in the battle with Covid-19.
- maintain social distancing;
- wash hands well and frequently;
- wear face coverings in enclosed spaces and where social distancing is difficult;
- co-operate with the Test, Trace and Protect programme in terms of getting tested and self-isolating when required;
- download the StopCOVID NI proximity app to help break chains of transmission.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Health Minister urges united front against Covid-19 19 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Pilot Northern Ireland – 25 September to 8 October 2020 16 October 2020
- Publication of “Children Adopted from Care in Northern Ireland 2019/20” 15 October 2020
- Extension to the term of a Non-Executive Member of the Patient and Client Council 12 October 2020