Simon Hamilton, Minister for Health, Social Services and Public Safety, today paid tribute to Northern Ireland’s social workers to recognise and celebrate excellence in social work practice, as part of World Social Work Day 2016.
The Minister said: “World Social Work Day provides the opportunity for the social work profession to promote the dignity and worth of people, both nationally and internationally.
“Social Workers are committed to working with children, families and communities to safeguard and protect their wellbeing.
“As Minister, I am proud of the valuable contribution that social workers make to improving the lives of many of our citizens every day.”
World Social Work Day is an annual occasion when social workers around the globe highlight their work and receive the recognition their invaluable contribution to society deserves. This year's theme is ‘Promoting the Dignity and Worth of Peoples.’
Notes to editors:
3. Media enquiries about this press release to DHSSPS Press Office on 028 9052 0567. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Reappointment of two Non-Executive Directors to the Public Health Agency 09 July 2019
- Complaints and Compliments received by HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland 2018-19 04 July 2019
- Transformation fund continues to support much-needed change 04 July 2019
- Extension to terms of Office for Non-Executive Chair and Six Non-Executive Members of the Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery 02 July 2019