A message from the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Cathy Harrison:
“Covid-19 is presenting increasing challenges for the dedicated staff working in our community pharmacies.
“The Department is working to ensure that everyone continues to have access to their local community pharmacy. It is vital at this busy time that we are mindful of the pressure that community pharmacy staff are under.
“There is no need for you to do anything new or different when ordering or taking your medicines.
“People should order prescriptions and take their medicines as normal.
“Extra supplies should not be ordered from your doctor.
“Stockpiling or purchasing medication that you do not need is completely unnecessary and could disadvantage other patients.
“There are no prescription medicine shortages as a result of Covid-19."
Notes to editors:
1. Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from www.publichealth.hscni.net
2. Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
3. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Don’t think Leicester’s lockdown couldn’t happen here 10 July 2020
- ‘Contact tracing to become part of everyday life’ 10 July 2020
- Trust rebuilding plans published 10 July 2020
- Current estimate of R Number 09 July 2020