A message from the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Cathy Harrison:
“Covid-19 is presenting increasing challenges for the dedicated staff working in our community pharmacies.
“The Department is working to ensure that everyone continues to have access to their local community pharmacy. It is vital at this busy time that we are mindful of the pressure that community pharmacy staff are under.
“There is no need for you to do anything new or different when ordering or taking your medicines.
“People should order prescriptions and take their medicines as normal.
“Extra supplies should not be ordered from your doctor.
“Stockpiling or purchasing medication that you do not need is completely unnecessary and could disadvantage other patients.
“There are no prescription medicine shortages as a result of Covid-19."
Notes to editors:
1. Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from www.publichealth.hscni.net
2. Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
3. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Publication of Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2021) 24 September 2021
- Don’t miss out on final walk-in jab clinics 24 September 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 12 September to 18 September 2021 24 September 2021
- Workforce Appeal will help tackle hospital pressures – Swann 23 September 2021