As of 2pm on Thursday 12 March testing has resulted in two new presumed positive cases bringing the total number of cases in Northern Ireland to 20.
Both cases are adults and both were secondary transmissions. One case involved recent travel from Italy and the other can be traced to a previously reported case in the UK.
The Public Health Agency is currently undertaking contact tracing for both cases.
In Northern Ireland there have been 279 concluded tests, of which 259 were negative, and 20 were positive.
Notes to editors:
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Publication of “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2022)” 23 September 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 23 September 2022
- Extension to the term of a Non-Executive (Lay) Director of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust 23 September 2022
- Health Minister welcomes roll out of vaccination programme 21 September 2022