As of 2pm on Wednesday 11 March testing has resulted in two new presumed positive cases bringing the total number of cases in Northern Ireland to 18.
Both cases are adults and both were secondary transmissions that can be traced to a previously reported case that involved recent travel to Northern Italy.
The Public Health Agency is currently undertaking contact tracing for both cases.
In Northern Ireland there have been 246 concluded tests, of which 228 were negative, and 18 were positive.
Notes to editors:
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- NI playing its part in NHS Covid-19 clinical trials 07 April 2020
- Health Minister visits Northern Ireland’s first Nightingale Hospital 07 April 2020
- Ministers for Health agree Memorandum of Understanding between Irish Government and Northern Ireland Executive 07 April 2020
- Temporary pause of routine screening programmes 07 April 2020