As of 2pm on Wednesday 11 March testing has resulted in two new presumed positive cases bringing the total number of cases in Northern Ireland to 18.
Both cases are adults and both were secondary transmissions that can be traced to a previously reported case that involved recent travel to Northern Italy.
The Public Health Agency is currently undertaking contact tracing for both cases.
In Northern Ireland there have been 246 concluded tests, of which 228 were negative, and 18 were positive.
Notes to editors:
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Mother and Baby and Magdalene Laundry Institutions – Truth Recovery Design Team Announced 04 March 2021
- Health Minister launches Mental Health Champion Recruitment Process 04 March 2021
- Swann and Mallon welcome testing programme for Translink staff 04 March 2021
- Fourth meeting of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Group 03 March 2021