As of 2pm on Wednesday 11 March testing has resulted in two new presumed positive cases bringing the total number of cases in Northern Ireland to 18.
Both cases are adults and both were secondary transmissions that can be traced to a previously reported case that involved recent travel to Northern Italy.
The Public Health Agency is currently undertaking contact tracing for both cases.
In Northern Ireland there have been 246 concluded tests, of which 228 were negative, and 18 were positive.
Notes to editors:
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Vaccine Certification service available up to 3 August 01 August 2021
- Vaccine Certification service available up to 10 August 01 August 2021
- Where to get your jab 31 July 2021
- Vaccine Certification service available up to 2 August 31 July 2021