As of 2pm on Wednesday 11 March testing has resulted in two new presumed positive cases bringing the total number of cases in Northern Ireland to 18.
Both cases are adults and both were secondary transmissions that can be traced to a previously reported case that involved recent travel to Northern Italy.
The Public Health Agency is currently undertaking contact tracing for both cases.
In Northern Ireland there have been 246 concluded tests, of which 228 were negative, and 18 were positive.
Notes to editors:
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Health Minister announces vital package of support for general practice 15 October 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October to 9 October 2021 15 October 2021
- Publication of Healthy Child, Healthy Future - Health Review Statistics for Northern Ireland 2020/21 14 October 2021
- Health Minister Congratulates Nursing and Midwifery ‘Leaders of the Future’ 14 October 2021