As of 2pm on Monday 23 March, testing has resulted in 20 new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 148.
To date two people who tested positive have sadly died.
The total number of tests completed in Northern Ireland is 2692.
People with mild symptoms - new persistent cough and/or fever - should stay at home and self-isolate. They will not require testing and will not therefore be included in testing totals.
Notes to editors:
1. Age and gender characteristics for positive Covid-19 cases:
|45 to 69||51|
2. Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency website: www.publichealth.hscni.net
3. Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0571. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
4. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Mother and Baby and Magdalene Laundry Institutions – Truth Recovery Design Team Announced 04 March 2021
- Health Minister launches Mental Health Champion Recruitment Process 04 March 2021
- Swann and Mallon welcome testing programme for Translink staff 04 March 2021
- Fourth meeting of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Group 03 March 2021