Testing of patients in Northern Ireland has resulted in two further presumptive positive results for coronavirus (Covid-19), bringing the total to three since testing began.
In line with established protocols, these Northern Ireland test outcomes have been sent to Public Health England laboratories for verification.
The two cases are not connected. One individual recently travelled from Northern Italy. The other had recent contact with a person elsewhere in the UK who has subsequently tested positive for Covid-19.
Both patients are adults and are receiving appropriate care. Public Health Agency personnel are working rapidly to identify contacts they may have had, with the aim of preventing further spread.
Notes to editors:
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on @healthdpt
- Appointment of a Non-Executive Member to the Children’s Court Guardian Agency for Northern Ireland 22 March 2023
- NHS 75 - Chief Professional Officers' blog 21 March 2023
- NHS 75 - Chief Social Worker blog 21 March 2023
- Extension to the Term of Appointment of a Non-Executive Member to the Northern Ireland Social Care Council 20 March 2023