The latest scheduled review of the updated guidance around visiting in care home settings in Northern Ireland has been completed, with no further relaxations recommended at this time, but a further review has been scheduled to be completed on or just after 16 August, the Department of Health has announced.
“Visiting With Care – A Pathway” sets out a staged approach to supporting safe and proportionate increased visiting in care homes. It was developed with significant input from the Public Health Agency, working with representatives from the statutory sector, representatives from various relatives’ groups and independent healthcare providers.
This guidance has been in force here since 7 May, and includes a commitment to scheduled reviews being undertaken to decide on progress along the pathway back to more normalised visiting.
Outstanding progress has been made to date, but we need to remain vigilant and maintain the cautious approach that has brought us so far.
The guidance document remains available on the Department of Health’s website.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 11 - 17 July 2021 23 July 2021
- Vaccine certification update 23 July 2021
- Northern Ireland’s vaccine certification App set to go live 23 July 2021
- Health Minister thanks incredible Samaritans volunteers 22 July 2021