The Department of Health can confirm that the Southern Health and Social Care Trust has agreed to temporarily take on the contract of Kilkeel Medical Practice.
Under this new arrangement, the Trust will manage the contract until 31 March 2024. It follows extensive work to identify a new GP contractor to take over the practice, following the resignation of the current GP Partners.
Patients do not need to take any action. Patients of the practice can be assured that its services will continue under the new arrangement. They will receive letters on the situation over the coming days. Patients needing GP services should continue to contact the practice as normal.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com.
- Follow us on X @healthdpt and linkedIn Department of Health NI | LinkedIn
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023