A number of changes to international travel have been announced, including the addition of 38 countries to the fully vaccinated policy and the removal of a significant number of countries from the ‘red list’
As of Monday 4 October, the rules for international travel to Northern Ireland changed from the traffic light system to a system for 'red list of countries' and simplified travel measures for arrivals from 'non-red list countries’ who meet the fully vaccinated criteria.
To qualify as 'fully vaccinated’ individuals must have been fully vaccinated for at least 14 days under an approved vaccination programme.
From 4am on Monday 11 October, the list of approved programmes will be extended to include vaccination programmes in a further 38 countries. This includes those vaccinated in: Albania, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Egypt, Ghana, Grenada, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Maldives, Moldova, Morocco, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Serbia, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Turkey, Ukraine, United Nations and Vietnam, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Georgia, Indonesia, Montenegro, Namibia, The Philippines, South Africa and Thailand.
In addition, the UN vaccination programme will also be included in the vaccinated policy.
EU arrivals will also be able to show negative post-departure status using EUDCC and Dutch COVID (CoronaCheck) app.
The simplified measures that fully vaccinated individuals are required to adhere to when travelling to Northern Ireland from a non-red list country are available on NI Direct.
Requirements for those who are not fully vaccinated and travelling to Northern Ireland from a non-red list country are published on NI Direct.
Changes to red list
From 4am on Monday 11 October the red list will only include the following seven countries:
Anyone arriving from a red list country must adhere to all testing and quarantine requirements, regardless of vaccination status. Rules for red list countries are available on NI Direct.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 14 January 2022
- All this weekend's Covid-19 Vaccination Clinics in one place 14 January 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey – Antibody and Vaccination Data For Northern Ireland 13 January 2022
- Minister comments on 14 COVID deaths 13 January 2022