The interim vaccine certification process is being updated to enable users to download their vaccine certificates at home.
The current process is transitioning to the planned CCS (COVID Certification Service) and the first phase will commence this weekend for all new COVID Certificate requests.
Anyone travelling from Northern Ireland between 20 July and 25 July 2021 will now be able to access a downloadable certificate and QR code which offers security against fraud.
The updated process will make it easier and quicker for people to access their certificate, removing the need to collect them in person.
Anyone travelling after 25 July should wait on the launch of the app which will be available next week. Further details will follow, advising you when to apply.
Applications for travel on the 19 July will not be processed after 5pm today.
Details of how to apply for the interim scheme are available here
Hard copies of certificates can still be requested via telephone on 03002007814 from Tuesday 20 July however this process can take up to ten days and you should factor this into your travel plans. Certificates will be posted to your home address.
Travellers still have to adhere to the testing and isolation requirements (if appropriate) on their return to Northern Ireland. Please familiarise yourself with these requirements before you travel - Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel advice | nidirect
Travellers should check the latest UK Government travel advice which will give updated information on travel to individual countries, including any Covid-related entry requirements - Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
A full list of FAQs is available here
Notes to editors:
- For locations of Trust vaccination centres and mobile vaccination clinics: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/get-covid-19-vaccination-northern-ireland
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 11 - 17 July 2021 23 July 2021
- Vaccine certification update 23 July 2021
- Northern Ireland’s vaccine certification App set to go live 23 July 2021
- Health Minister thanks incredible Samaritans volunteers 22 July 2021