The head of Northern Ireland’s vaccination programme has urged people to help their friends, family members and neighbours get their booster jabs before Christmas.
Patricia Donnelly said practical help such as lifts to vaccination clinics or assistance with booking could make an important difference.
“This could be the best Christmas present you give,” she said.
Booking for Health Trust vaccination centres is now open to everyone aged 18 and over. To be eligible for a booster, it must be at least three months since your second jab.
Patricia Donnelly stressed: “There’s still time to get your booster before Christmas. Health Trusts, GPs and pharmacies are pulling out all the stops to get more people jabbed. With the Omicron surge coming, boosters provide vital protection.
“I would appeal to people to help others who may have difficulties getting to a clinic to lend a hand if possible. This could involve simply giving a lift, or help with online booking.”
Anyone giving a lift should make sure masks are worn and windows are open.
To book your slot for a booster or first or second dose at a Trust vaccination centre go to: https://covid-19.hscni.net/get-vaccinated/
Booking is encouraged, given the ongoing strong demand at centres.
Boosters are also being provided by GPs and community pharmacies. A new feature on the online booking platform gives you instant information on Trust and pharmacy clinics vaccination clinics closest to you. You can type in your postcode or town and get the details. https://vaccinations.covid-19.hscni.net/location-search
Check Health Trust websites and social media channels for latest information on Trust centre locations and opening times.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 27 January 2023
- Extensions to the terms of five interim authority members of the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority 27 January 2023
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (October - December 2022) 26 January 2023
- Publication of “Domiciliary Care Services for Adults in Northern Ireland (2022)” 24 January 2023