The Health Minister of Northern Ireland Robin Swann and the Minister for Health for the Republic of Ireland Stephen Donnelly met today at the 22nd North South Ministerial Council (NSMC) Health and Food Safety meeting.
The Ministers expressed their appreciation for all those who have played a part in the response to the Covid-19 pandemic, in particular frontline health and social care workers, north and south.
They discussed the importance of cross-border relationships in dealing with the pandemic and Ministers welcomed the close and productive cooperation that has taken place between Health Ministers, Chief Medical Officers and health administrations to deliver an effective public health response.
The Health Ministers will continue to meet, both within the NSMC and outside the structures of the Council, to discuss the response to the pandemic and will continue to exchange views to foster commonality in their approach, where possible.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office 028 9052 0575 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Mother and Baby and Magdalene Laundry Institutions – Truth Recovery Design Team Announced 04 March 2021
- Health Minister launches Mental Health Champion Recruitment Process 04 March 2021
- Swann and Mallon welcome testing programme for Translink staff 04 March 2021
- Fourth meeting of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Group 03 March 2021