Health Minister Robin Swann has welcomed the announcement by Communities Minister Carái Ní Chuilín of an enhancement to the Covid-19 self-isolation grant.
Minister Swann said: “The financial assistance this initiative will provide, particularly for those most in need, can only encourage increased adherence to the self-isolate message which is such a major part of our efforts to tackle this virus.
“Support for individuals, businesses and other organisations impacted by the virus should complement compliance and enforcement measures.
“My Department will do all it can to promote the availability of this important scheme such as through its StopCOVID NI proximity app.
“By working together and presenting a united front we can all contribute to achieving our common goals of driving down infection rates; easing the pressure on our health service; and helping those who are in financial need be they businesses or individuals.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of the Quarterly Northern Ireland Inpatient, Day Case, Outpatient and Diagnostic Waiting Times Statistics - Position at 30 September 2020 26 November 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland: 15 - 21 November 2020 26 November 2020
- Minister comments on waiting time statistics 26 November 2020
- Adults with Down’s syndrome added to Clinically Extremely Vulnerable list 26 November 2020