The Health Minister has thanked Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service staff who have been on the frontline during covid-19.
Speaking today, the Health Minister said: “Our fire and rescue service have a long and proud tradition of reacting and working swiftly, effectively and above all selflessly in times of crises. There has never been a greater need to call on that tradition. I know that NIFRS are responding accordingly in the spirit of wider collaboration with the health family and I wish to place on record my thanks for your support.
The Minister added: “Like all our frontline services covid-19 has presented innumerable challenges over the past number of months but despite this the service responded to almost 500 additional incidents over the period and for that I’m very grateful.
“I wish to acknowledge and express my appreciation for the on-going efforts of all Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service personnel at this time.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Northern Ireland Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) Information 2019/20 30 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 17 - 23 October 2020 30 October 2020
- Statistics from the Northern Ireland Substance Misuse Database: 2019/20 29 October 2020
- Swann Welcomes Funding Allocation to Health 29 October 2020