Health Minister Robin Swann congratulates health and social care staff honoured in the Birthday Honours 2021.
There are a number of staff recognised across a variety of disciplines including the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service; Care homes; and Trust staff.
Speaking today Minister Swann said: “I am delighted that staff from across the Health service are being recognised in this special way. Being bestowed an Honour on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen is a monumental recognition of an individual’s impact and influence on society. I congratulate each and every person selected and want to add my thanks to them for everything they do.”
The Minister continued by personally thanking Northern Ireland’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr Michael McBride for his significant contribution during the Covid-19 crisis.
He said: “I am delighted that our Chief Medical Officer has been bestowed the highest of honours. Sir Dr Michael McBride has been chosen for a Knighthood in recognition of his ongoing fight against the Covid-19 pandemic and for services to public health in Northern Ireland. This is a much deserved honour that is a fitting tribute to someone who has been at the forefront of leading Northern Ireland in its fight against a global pandemic.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt(external link opens in a new window / tab).
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Update on child health waiting lists 19 October 2021
- Minister Swann opens new Cancer Care Unit at Ulster Hospital 18 October 2021
- Swann hails vaccine take-up initiatives 17 October 2021
- Health Minister announces vital package of support for general practice 15 October 2021