Health Minister Robin Swann MLA today announced a four week extension to the Department of Health consultation on legislative options to bring forward a new Adult Protection Bill.
Health Minister Robin Swann said: “I am delighted to be able to extend the consultation into legislative reform for adult safeguarding. I would continue to encourage all those with an interest in this very important subject to make their views known. Responses to this consultation will inform the development of a new Adult Protection Bill, which will put our reformed policy on a statutory footing.
"We are keen to hear as wide a range of views as possible. The extension to the consultation gives an opportunity for as many people as possible to add their opinions on this important issue that affects all of us, in every corner of society. ”
The Minister added: "The consultation can be accessed online at the Citizen’s Space website, and will close on 8 April 2021. This is your chance to get involved and tell us how you would like to see the draft Bill take shape.”
The consultation can be accessed through the Citizen’s Space website. With the extension, the consultation period will now close on 8 April 2021.
Notes to editors:
- The consultation documents are available to access on the Department of Health website.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 4 - 10 April 2021 16 April 2021
- Close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases to be tested 15 April 2021
- Health minister on easing of restrictions 15 April 2021
- Health Inequalities Annual Report 2021 14 April 2021