Northern Ireland's vaccination programme will break new ground this weekend, with one of Belfast's best known music venues hosting special walk-in jab clinics.
The Limelight on Ormeau Avenue will be the location for vaccination clinics this Saturday from 10am to 3pm and on Sunday from 12 midday to 6pm.
The clinics will be operated by a Belfast Trust vaccinator team and will offer first doses to anyone aged 16 and over. No appointment is required, but ID will be needed.
Next Monday will meanwhile see the start of the Jabbathon vaccine take-up initiative for students, involving around 60 walk-in clinics across some 30 Further and Higher Education campuses.
Head of the Northern Ireland vaccination programme Patricia Donnelly said: "I am delighted that the Limelight has been added to our rolling programme of walk-in clinics.
"Offering jabs at such a well-known location will complement ongoing efforts to boost vaccine take-up.
"My sincere thanks go to the Limelight's management for facilitating these weekend clinics."
The Limelight is co-owned by Shine, the company behind high profile Belsonic music events.
Shine is holding Emerge, a special thank you concert for music lovers, on Friday 17 September.
The Emerge event at Ormeau Park will help promote awareness of vaccination. It is also an acknowledgement of the impact of the pandemic on younger people.
Joe Dougan from Shine said: "Demand for the event has been huge and all the tickets we released were snapped up within minutes. We have held some tickets back and the first 200 people who get jabbed at the Limelight each day this weekend will get a free ticket to Emerge at Ormeau Park.
"We are pleased to be playing our part in the vaccination programme. We see it as vital to a full and safe return of live music events."
Admission to Emerge will depend on your vaccination status - you will need to have been fully vaccinated with both vaccine jabs - or have had one jab plus a negative lateral flow test.
"If you are planning to attend Emerge and haven't had your vaccine yet - pop down to the Limelight this weekend and grab a jab." Joe added.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2021) 24 September 2021
- Don’t miss out on final walk-in jab clinics 24 September 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 12 September to 18 September 2021 24 September 2021
- Workforce Appeal will help tackle hospital pressures – Swann 23 September 2021