This press release is from December 2021. Guidance on COVID-19 testing has since changed.
Check the latest guidance at nidirect.gov.uk/testing.
The quickest way to get your free rapid lateral flow tests is from pharmacies and other local collection sites.
To find a collection location close to you, go to the site finder online Find where to get rapid lateral flow tests - NHS (test-and-trace.nhs.uk) .
There are more than 580 collection sites across Northern Ireland, including more than 500 community pharmacies.
Rapid lateral flow tests can also be ordered online. However in periods of high demand, the online service may be temporarily unavailable.
There is a sufficient stock of lateral flow tests in Northern Ireland to supply local collect sites.
Taking a lateral flow test regularly helps to keep our friends and family safe. Anyone who is meeting friends or family, or attending an event or social gathering, is advised to take a test before they go.
It’s particularly important to test before visiting or meeting someone who is older or more vulnerable. Regular twice weekly lateral flow testing is also encouraged.
It is vital to report every result online, even if it’s negative. This helps us track the spread of the virus, identify areas of concern, and provide support in communities that need it. Results should be reported on the gov.uk website.
If you have symptoms, please self-isolate and book a PCR test. If your Lateral Flow test is positive, self-isolate and book a PCR test.
Notes to editors:
- Visit nidirect.gov.uk/testing to find out more about Lateral Flow Testing.
- A list of more than 580 locations across Northern Ireland, including over 500 community pharmacies, where you can pick up free Lateral Flow Tests can be found at maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk.
- Tests can also be ordered online for free home delivery at gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests.
- Lateral Flow Tests should only be used by those with no symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone with symptoms should self-isolate immediately and book a PCR test instead.
- If your Lateral Flow Test result is positive, you should self-isolate immediately and book a PCR test. Details on how to do this can be found at www.pha.site/cvtesting.
- Rapid Tests, using Lateral Flow Devices, are safe and the results are trusted. The tests have undergone rigorous testing and evaluation to ensure they are reliable.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- New era for pharmacist education 04 December 2023
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023
- New pancreatic cancer partnership announced 30 November 2023
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023