The Jabbathon vaccine promotion starts on Monday 13 September, with the first in an extensive series of vaccination clinics for students.
The initiative will involve around 60 walk-in clinics in September covering some 30 campuses – offering first doses to students across Northern Ireland’s universities and Further Education colleges. The clinics are being run by Health Trust vaccinator teams.
The programme for the first week of Jabbathon is listed below.
72% of young people in the 18-29 age group in NI have now had at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose.
The campus vaccination push is part of the ongoing part of the ongoing vaccination push, as the overall take-up rate for first doses comes close to 90% of the adult population.
Coleraine Campus, Sports Hall, 16 September, 10am to 3.30pm
Jordanstown Campus, Sports Hall 2, 15 September and 16 September 10am to 3.30pm
Magee Campus, MG Building, Sports Hall, 14 September 9.30 am to 1.30pm
Queen’s University Belfast
Quad Lawn, 13 September to 17 September 10am to 4pm
Northern Regional College
Ballymena campus clinic in Seven Towers centre, 13 September and 15 September – 9am to 5pm
Ballymoney Campus, 13 September and 14 September – 10am to 2.30pm
Coleraine Campus, 13 September and 14 September – 10am to 2.30pm
Magherafelt Campus, 13 September and 14 September – 10am to 2.30pm
Newtownabbey Campus, 13 September and 14 September – 10am to 2.30pm
North West Regional College
Limavady Campus, 13 September, 2 pm to 6 pm
Strand Road Sports Hall, 15 September 1pm to 5pm and 16 September 4pm to 8pm
South West Regional College
Omagh Campus, 14 September 9.30am to 1.30pm and 16 September 4pm to 8pm
Enniskillen Campus, 15 September 1pm to 5pm
Dungannon Campus, Main Hall, 15 September 11am to 5pm
Southern Regional College
Portadown Campus, The Conference Room/The Oracle, 13 September 10am to 5pm
Lurgan Campus, 13 September 11am to 3pm
Newry Campus, West Exams Hall, 14 September 10am to 3pm
Greenbank Campus Marquee, 14 September 11am to 3pm
Armagh Campus, Central Hall, 16 September 10am to 5pm
Banbridge Campus, Central Hall, 17 September 10am to 1pm
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2021) 24 September 2021
- Don’t miss out on final walk-in jab clinics 24 September 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 12 September to 18 September 2021 24 September 2021
- Workforce Appeal will help tackle hospital pressures – Swann 23 September 2021