Health Minster Robin Swann has announced extensions to the terms of two Non-Executive Members of the Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service (NIBTS).
Mr Ian Henderson’s appointment as Non-Executive Lay Member has been extended from 21 February 2021 to a date not later than 20 November 2021. Mrs Lorraine Lindsay’s appointment as Non-Executive Lay Member has been extended from 7 February 2021 to a date not later than 6 November 2021.
The Non-Executive Member position attracts an annual remuneration of £3,070 with a time commitment of 12 days per annum.
These appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
The Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service is an independent, Special Agency of the Department of Health which exists to fully supply the needs of all hospitals and clinical units in the province with safe and effective blood and blood products and other related services. The discharge of this function includes a commitment to the care and welfare of voluntary donors. NIBTS is managed by a Senior Management Team, led by a Chief Executive, which reports to a Board.
The NIBTS Board consists of a Non-Executive Chair, three Non-Executive Members and the Chief Executive.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Ian Henderson OBE was first appointed to NIBTS as a Non-Executive Lay Member in February 2011. Mr Henderson was employed by TTC International Ltd as Managing Partner UK from 2000 to 2018. From 1992 to 2000, he was employed as Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and had previously spent many years in the tourism industry. Mr Henderson is currently a Board member and former Chair of Bangor Grammar School. He brings to this role his wide experience of management of public sector bodies, together with considerable experience of marketing and communication in both the public and private sectors.
- Mrs Lorraine Lindsay has been a Non-Executive Lay Member of NIBTS since February 2011 and she chairs the Governance and Risk Management sub-committee. Mrs Lindsay has worked for over 20 years in Health & Social Care and the field of Health Promotion. This role enabled her to work closely with local communities and individuals on improving health and wellbeing. Latterly, her role as a senior manager in Public Health brought responsibility for the strategic development and operational implementation of the Investing for Health Strategy, across the Eastern Area and particularly in North Down & Ards. Mrs Lindsay brings her skills of organisational leadership, financial management and strategic and business planning to her role.
- Appointments to NIBTS are made with the approval of the Health Minister.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Both appointees have declared that they have not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- Both appointees have advised that they do not currently hold any other public appointments.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 4 - 10 April 2021 16 April 2021
- Close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases to be tested 15 April 2021
- Health minister on easing of restrictions 15 April 2021
- Health Inequalities Annual Report 2021 14 April 2021