The Non-Executive appointments of Alistair Joynes, Non-Executive Chair, and Deane Morrice, Non-Executive Member, to the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA) have been extended. Mr Joynes’ extended term begins on 20 June 2018 until 30 September 2019, whilst Mr Morrice’s term will run from 25 July 2018 until 31 October 2019.
The position of Non-Executive Chair carries a time commitment of 4 days per month and attracts an annual remuneration of £13,962 and the position of Non-Executive Member carries a time commitment of 20 days per annum and attracts an annual remuneration of £2,981.
Notes to editors:
1. The Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency is responsible for funding, managing and supporting postgraduate medical and dental education within the Northern Ireland Deanery. It provides a wide range of functions in the organisation, development and quality assurance of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education and in the delivery and quality assurance of Continuing Professional Development for general, medical and dental practitioners.
2. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Both Alistair Joynes and Deane Morrice have declared that they have not engaged in any political activity.
3. For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
Details of Appointees:
Mr. Alistair Joynes – Non Executive Chair
Alistair Joynes is Managing Partner of a Business and HR Consultancy. He has been Chairman of NIMDTA since 2011. He has been a Board Member of Northern Ireland Housing Executive, Upper Bann Institute of Further Education and Southern Health and Social Care Trust. He is an Arbitrator with the Labour Relations Agency and a qualified Marine Engineer although most of his career has been spent in the field of Employee Relations and HR Management. In his previous role with the Southern HSCT he chaired the Audit Committee and the Strategic Communications Group. He is currently an Independent Assessor with OCPANI.
Mr Deane Morrice – Non- Executive Member
Deane Morrice MBE, FCCA, Dip Com retired as Chief Executive and Secretary of NILGOSC – the Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee - on 31 October 2011, having previously been the Deputy Secretary. He was the Chair of the Charity Advisory Committee from 2010/2014 and currently serves as a Board member of Queen’s University Investment Committee. He is an independent member of the Audit Committee of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. He was appointed as a Board member of the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA) on 27 July 2011 and was Chair of the NIMDTA Audit Committee until September 2017. He was awarded the MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for services to Local Government in Northern Ireland in June 2009.
- Proven success of General Practice Pharmacy paves the way for ambitious future plans 28 February 2024
- Appointment of Health and Social Care Trust Non-Executive Directors 27 February 2024
- A year of ‘damage limitation’ - Swann 27 February 2024
- Swann welcomes ‘positive step forward’ on pay settlement 26 February 2024