Health Minister Robin Swann has announced an extension to the term of a Non-Executive (Lay) Director of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust (NHSCT).
Mr Billy Graham’s appointment has been extended from 21 July 2022 to a date not later than 20 April 2023. The NHSCT Non-Executive Director position attracts an annual remuneration of £8,555 with a time commitment of 1 day a week.
This extension has been made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
The NHSCT is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. Although Trusts are statutorily separate organisations, they are an integral part of the HSC and are expected to deliver against an agenda set by the Minister.
The Board of the NHSCT comprises of a Non–Executive Chair and 7 Non- Executive Directors along with 5 Executive Directors including the Chief Executive. The Board currently has 2 Non-Executive Director vacancies (Lay & Finance)
Notes to editors:
- Mr Billy Graham holds two Bachelors degree’s, one in Electrical Engineering from Queens University Belfast and another in Business Studies from Ulster University Jordanstown. Mr Graham also completed the General Management Programme at Harvard Business School in Boston. Alongside his impressive educational resume Mr Graham has 37 years of experience working for Northern Ireland Electricity where he retired as Chief Operating Officer. Alongside his full time job Mr Graham has held numerous public sector board positions. This includes 7 years on the Board for the Health and Safety Executive of NI, 6 years on the NI Housing Executive DLO Performance and Development Committee as well as the 8 years he has already served as a member of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust. In this role Mr Graham serves as both a member and Chair for numerous committees.
- Appointments to the NHSCT are made with the approval of the Health Minister.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointee has declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Swann sets out waiting list task 20 February 2024
- Health Minister writes to the BMA Junior Doctors Committee 20 February 2024
- Increase in funded IVF provision 15 February 2024
- CAMHS Waiting Time Statistics for Northern Ireland (December 2023) 14 February 2024