Health Minister Robin Swann, has announced an extension to the term of the Non-Executive Chair of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust (NHSCT).
Mr Robert (Bob) McCann’s appointment has been extended from 20 January 2022 to a date not later than 19 January 2023.
The NHSCT Chair position attracts an annual remuneration of £31,937 with a time commitment of 3 days per week.
This extension has been made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
The NHSCT is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. Although Trusts are statutorily separate organisations, they are an integral part of the HSC and are expected to deliver against an agenda set by the Minister.
The Board of the NHSCT comprises of a Non–Executive Chair and 7 Non- Executive Directors along with 5 Executive Directors including the Chief Executive.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Robert (Bob) McCann is a Chartered Certified Accountant with extensive experience in general management having operated successfully at Board level as a director or senior manager in a diverse range of industries including the energy, information technology, logistics, customer relationship management, agri-food and transport sectors. He has also previously been a Trustee of Victims Support (NI), a member of the Consumers Council, a member of the NI Valuation Tribunal and a member of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Appointments to the NHSCT are made with the approval of the Health Minister.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointee has declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- The appointee has advised that he does not currently hold any other public appointments.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 02 December 2022
- DoH Statement 02 December 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey – Antibody Data For Northern Ireland 01 December 2022
- Patients benefit from investment in Armoy Medical Centre 30 November 2022