Mrs Siobhan Rooney’s appointment will be extended from 29 August 2019 to a date not later than 28 August 2020. This appointment carries a time commitment of one day a week and attracts an annual remuneration of £8,201.
The Southern HSC Trust is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. They provide health and social care services against Ministerial priorities, standards and targets and are performance managed by the Department and the HSC Board. Services will be provided as specified in contracts with the commissioners of health and social care services, namely the HSC Board.
All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mrs Rooney has indicated that she has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
This extension is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Siobhan Rooney MSc. RN RM Dip HV MHSM Dip HSM trained as a General Nurse, Midwife and Health Visitor and has held a number of senior positions at HSC Trusts and DOH NI. Prior to her appointment to the Southern HSC Trust she was a Non - Executive Director of the NI Blood Transfusion Services Agency and also Chair of a voluntary organisation providing services for older people. Siobhan also worked with the former Commission for Healthcare Improvement (CHI) and participated in health care reviews in England and Wales. She is currently an elected Trustee on the Motor Neurone Disease Association National Board, Chair of the MNDA Care Committee, MNDA NI Branch member, MNDA Association Visitor and member of the Northern Ireland Neurological Charities Alliance. Siobhan brings to her position an extensive knowledge of corporate and clinical and social care governance, risk management, patient safety, performance management and accountability systems within both the health and social care and voluntary sector organisations.
- This extension is made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
- Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 90378110. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Transformation in Action: Advanced Nursing Practitioners in Northern Ireland 17 September 2019
- Publication of the statistical bulletin ‘Children in Care in Northern Ireland 2017/18’ 12 September 2019
- Publication of 'Statistics on smoking cessation services in Northern Ireland 2018/19' 11 September 2019
- Suicide Prevention Strategy - ‘Protect Life 2’ published today 10 September 2019