The Department of Health has announced the extension of one non-executive dental member to the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA).
Mr Derek Maguire’s extension as a non-executive dental member began on 18 March 2019 and will end on a date not later than 17 March 2020.
This appointment carries a time commitment of twenty days per annum and may involve commitment both inside and outside normal working hours. The non-executive and dental member post attracts an annual remuneration of £3,070.
The Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency is responsible for funding, managing and supporting postgraduate medical and dental education within the Northern Ireland Deanery.
It provides a range of services for those engaged in the delivery of postgraduate Medical and Dental education and training. Overall management responsibility rests with the Chief Executive/Postgraduate Dean, Professor Keith Gardiner.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Derek Maguire lives in Dungannon and has a successful career as a dentist working within general dental practice and owns and manages a group of dental practices in NI. He has demonstrated a good understanding of the non-executive role and the functions of NIMDTA across both medicine and dentistry. He is a part time advisor to the Health & Social Care Board (HSCB) which has given him wider experience. Mr Maguire holds no other public appointments and has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- This appointment was made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 90520575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 90378110 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Mental Health and Learning Disability Inpatients 2018-19 21 August 2019
- NI Health and Social Care Workforce Census - March 2019 20 August 2019
- Publication of “Patient Education / Self Management Programmes for People with Long Term Conditions 2018/19” 14 August 2019
- Home Care Experience Survey 2018 08 August 2019