The Department of Health today announced the extension of the terms of appointment of two Non-Executive Members within the Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service (NIBTS).
Mrs. Lorraine Lindsay’s term of appointment was extended from 7 February 2019 for a period of not more than 12 months. Mr Ian Henderson’s term was extended for a period of not more than 12 months from 21 February 2019.
The roles carry a time commitment of 1 day per month and attract an annual remuneration of £3,040.
The Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service is an independent special agency of the Department of Health and exists to fully supply the needs of all hospitals and clinical units in the province with safe and effective blood and blood products and other related services.
The NI Blood Transfusion Service is managed by a Board of Directors which is made up of three non-executive directors, a Chair and an Interim Chief Executive.
All extensions to appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Lorraine Lindsay is chair of the Governance and Risk Management sub-committee in the NI Blood Transfusion Service and is a member of the Audit sub-committee. Mrs. Lindsay worked for over 20 years in Health & Social Care enjoyed a career in the field of Health Promotion. This role enabled her to work closely with local communities and individuals on improving health and wellbeing. Latterly, her role as a Senior Manager in Public Health brought responsibility for the strategic development and operational implementation of the Investing for Health Strategy across the Eastern Area and particularly in North Down & Ards. Mrs. Lindsay brings her skills of organisational leadership, financial management and strategic and business planning to her role.
- Mr Ian Henderson OBE was first appointed to the NI Blood Transfusion Service in February 2011. Since 2000, Mr Henderson was employed by TTC International Ltd as Managing Partner UK and retired from that role in 2018. From 1992 to 2000, he was employed as Chief Executive of the NI Tourist Board and previously spent many years in the tourism industry. Mr Henderson is currently a Board Member and ex-Chairman of Bangor Grammar School. He brings to this role his wide experience of management of public sector bodies, together with considerable experience of marketing and communication in both the public and private sectors.
- These extensions were made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Both appointees have declared that they have not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Current R Number estimate 13 August 2020
- Publication of Weekly Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Deliveries, Northern Ireland: W/E 6 March to W/E 31 July 2020 12 August 2020
- Appointment of five Non-Executive Members to the Health And Social Care Board 12 August 2020
- Help ‘StopCOVID’ in its tracks 11 August 2020