The Department of Health yesterday received an emergency licence application from Belfast Trust clinicians regarding medicinal cannabis use for Billy Caldwell.
An emergency licence has today been issued by the Department, replicating the licence issued last month by the Home Office for treatment at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London.
We have also been in discussions with the Home Office to finalise arrangements for the immediate transportation of Billy’s medicine from London to the Belfast Trust.
Notes to editors:
- For media queries please contact the Department of Health Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter
- Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-Related Deaths – Duty of Candour update 14 February 2019
- Further evaluation of the impact of the registration of NI social care workers published 28 January 2019
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (October - December 2018) 24 January 2019
- Northern Ireland Termination of Pregnancy Statistics, 2017/18 23 January 2019