The Department of Health yesterday received an emergency licence application from Belfast Trust clinicians regarding medicinal cannabis use for Billy Caldwell.
An emergency licence has today been issued by the Department, replicating the licence issued last month by the Home Office for treatment at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London.
We have also been in discussions with the Home Office to finalise arrangements for the immediate transportation of Billy’s medicine from London to the Belfast Trust.
Notes to editors:
- For media queries please contact the Department of Health Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter
- Department tables fresh pay offer 05 December 2019
- Publication of Life Expectancy in Northern Ireland 04 December 2019
- Department of Health statement on industrial action impact 01 December 2019
- Department asks trade unions to pause on industrial action 29 November 2019